Skip to content

Membership Options


Full Membership

The cost to join, including the one-off joining fee (£30) is:

  • Single adult at £135
    1. or
  • Family membership at £170

This includes third part liability insurance which covers you for use of your own kit and all club kit, on the club lakes (see below for Insurance cover). The initial membership includes a one-off fee which includes the cost of getting new keys cut. Membership runs from 1st May each year.

A family consists of one or two adults and their children up to the age of 18, living with them.

The joining fee is waived if a beginner training course is completed.

To join follow this link

Annual Membership Renewal

Annual renewal fees are cheaper as they don’t include the one-off joining fee. Renewal notices are sent out in February before the AGM.

  • Single adult at £105
    1. or
  • Family membership at £140

Carsington Membership add on

We have struck a deal with Carsingtion Sailing Club to allow TWC members to use the facilities there. This includes car parking, changing rooms with hot showers, and sailing on the large reservoir. This is a great opportunity for club members to get an introduction to sailing on larger water. Please refer to their website for opening times

  • Carsington membership add on + £80 per adult

Note: You will need your own insurance to sail on Carsington, we would recommend joining the RYA which includes the necessary 3rd party insurance.

Club Equipment

The club provides equipment for its members to use if they do not have their own, or are thinking of buying their own. It is available at all times (other than when the club need it to run training courses) and there is no need to book it. We currently have 8 beginner boards and rigs of various sizes. We also have several paddleboards for members to use.

This provides a very low cost introduction to the sports with no outlay other than the membership fees as detailed above. If you then decide you would like to take it further you can of course buy your own equipment. We do require that you have had some basic training to be able to use this equipment, either with us or elsewhere. If you would like to come down to a club night we would be happy to show you round.


The club RYA insurance covers all members and visitors for sailing on the lakes. This is 3rd party cover and covers the club equipment, members equipment and accidental personal injury. If anyone is interested in a boring legalistic read then we can send a copy of the policy by email.

Obviously if you want to use your equipment elsewhere then you’ll need either 3rd your own 3rd party cover or comprehensive cover. It’s a requirement for sailing at Carsington or Rutland and officially for SUPing on canals and rivers.

Other insurers for windsurfing are Noble Marine, Bishop Skinner, Newton Crum and insurers for SUPs are SUPInsure and Sportcoverdirect. There are obviously many other insurers out there.

Another option is to join the RYA or British Canoeing. RYA membership includes insurance for windsurfing. British Canoeing membership includes insurance as well as a waterways licence – so useful for SUPers.