The forecast for the 17th, is also a poor direction and the temperature is still borderline, so its a no go again, sorry. We will try and organise a trip again in late April after we get back from Weymouth.
Following the successful trip last autumn the club are organising another trip in March, on the 10th and/or the 17th. We will be going with the intention of using our club GPS’s for an informal competition. For those who haven’t been West Kirby is a tidal lagoon which only floods at high tide, as soon as the tide drops the wall is visible and produces really flat water for excellent blasting when the wind is in the right direction. Completely (well barring collisions of course!) safe for all levels of sailor.
We will keep an eye on the forecast and make decisions the previous Thursday whether to go or wait until the following week. Depending on the tide times we will meet in the Supermarket cafe for breakfast prior to going our on the water.
If you would like to come and join in the fun, get in touch with the Social Sec and we will keep you informed of the plans.